Friday, March 4, 2011

Day Care Days Are Here

Sophie has been getting in some practice runs at day care this week since Christie returns to work on Monday.
As you can imagine, Sophie has done much better with this concept than Christie.
The wee one has been playing and eating and even napping a bit while at day care, though she is usually having so much fun she refuses to nap and comes home completely knackered in the afternoon. She literally had bags under her eyes yesterday. I'm not kidding either. I've always been one to claim, "Never let the truth stand in the way of a good story," but yesterday afternoon around 3:30, my five and half month old little girl had purple smears of exhaustion under both eyes.
It almost looked like little shiners, but apparently it was some boy in Sophie's group who went home sporting the mark of Sophie's displeasure. We didn't get the complete story from the day care worker, but apparently Joe tried to hold hands with Sophie and she "took care of it".
I may not ever be as proud of her again as I was when I heard that tale.
I guess part of my pride was that this day care runs a tight ship with regard to physical aggression and suspended a friend's daughter for a week when she bit another child. I actually kind of hope I don't run into this friend in the parking lot since I wouldn't want his kid's reputation to sully Sophie's. She'll mess up one day I'm sure, but right now, I'm enjoying this sweetness and innocence. If only it weren't so fleeting.

No comments:

Post a Comment